How to enter
It’s easy to enter the TES FE Awards. All the information below will help you prepare your entry. When you are ready, click the 'Enter Now' button on the top of the page and select the category you wish to enter.
- Entry is free.
- All entrants must submit their entry online, of no more than 500 words that covers the key criteria set out for the category they are entering.
- You can enter as many categories as you like, but you must complete a separate submission for each.
- These awards celebrate achievements during the 2011-2012 academic year.
- The Awards are open to anyone working in the learning and skills sector, in an organisation which receives funding from the Skills Funding Agency (SFA) or the Young People’s Learning Agency (YPLA): colleges, work-based learning providers, adult and community learning providers, offender learning establishments, and specialist designated institutions.
- Entries are open until midnight on Sunday 15 July 2012. UPDATE: due to increased demand, we will hold open entries for one additional week. Please ensure all entries are in by 22 July.
Preparing your entry
Remember that the core part of your submission is your REASON FOR ENTERING. Within this, you have a strict word limit (500 words) to make your case for winning the award. When preparing your entry, review the award criteria and keep any specific requirements that the judges will be looking for in mind. Judges will only consider performance against the relevant category criteria when assessing entries, so make sure you cover these in the submission(s) you prepare.
One of the biggest failings when people enter awards is that they don't always provide enough robust information. So please include facts and figures wherever possible. Some of the categories ask you to include details of a case study or example. Think carefully about this and choose the one that best promotes your expertise.
If appropriate you can back up your nomination with supporting material however please ensure that any such material directly supports your entry. These can include: photographs, documents containing statistics, testimonials, supporting research, press cuttings or promotional material.
A maximum of 3 supplementary documents are permitted. Each document must not exceed 2 pages. Video files will not be accepted. Please do not submit more than 3 documents as it will not be sent to the judges.
There are awards in 13 categories to recognise achievement by individuals, teams or providers in fields including e-learning, employer engagement, innovation in teaching, entrepreneurship, leadership and lifetime achievement.
Review photos of the 2012 awards ceremony and past winners.
Join those impressive individuals and groups who are testimony to the creativity, commitment and passion of our FE sector.
"It is the biggest tribute to the dedication and skill of our students and staff we could receive"
Sunday 15 July 2012